Wednesday 8 May 2013

If you love one another...

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
    -Jesus in John 13:34-35

Jesus spoke these words to the eleven disciples during the Passover meal after Judas had left. How often do we focus on the "everyone will know" section of these verses? But this isn't a command to go and love the world.

Did Jesus say it's our church programs that will attract the world? What about our exciting services, our church lunches or even our prayer meetings? No.

The key to help the world understand that Jesus is real is for Christians to be united in love for other Christians. That means actively defending each other. Praying for each other. Not making our disagreements public.

If we can't genuinely love other Christians, how can we profess to love the world?
If we can't genuinely love other Christians, how attractive will Jesus be to the world?

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Brother...
    And the Holy Spirit quickened a word amongst us last Sunday during worship, deep worship...
    "Let me love you"...
    Perhaps I can only fulfil His command when I am that much more open to Him...
    ..when, captured by Him, so attracted to Him... when commands become... promises...!!
    Knowing His love... then I will be moved by His love in me.. to do what we see the Father doing...as His Son showed us... PTL
    Neil

    ReplyDelete